What comes to mind when you hear the name Elizabeth Reyes? Hot guys, Hot romance, and Hot books! In honor of her first book release three years ago, September 6th-17th is everything Elizabeth Reyes! From Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #1) to Abel (5th Street, #4) nothing is left out of this celebration.
Many blogs will help celebrate by posting about their favorite books by Elizabeth Reyes and different guest posts by the author.
Also, the author will have Noah and Forever Mine both on sale for $.99 cents!
Let me start this review SCREAMIN’ out loud something I hope Eli can hear all the way to wherever she might be right now:
I FREAKIN’ LOVE EVERY SINGLE BOOK YOU HAVE WRITTEN!
Actually, I would love anything she writes.
Even if it would be her grocery shopping list I would read it.
I’ve been thinking all week on how to write this review so I don’t end up spoiling the fun. To be honest, anything I could write to praise Elizabeth’s work is not enough. She’s the absolute cherry on top that any avid romance reader would love to find in their slice of cake. Her books have not only been a safe haven to my stressfully challenged day to day, but also a small sample of our hardworking Hispanic heritage which makes me extremely proud. Eli has managed to create a world within our world where very realistic situations happen and characters suffer as any normal human being would.
Abel is DEFENETELY not your average love tale. This book was written with the flawlessness of any aged hardcore romance writer. Her way of exposing characters, their troubles, ordeals, and all the funny, loving, caring, and scary moments is what makes this story the written masterpiece it is.
But of course, before I tell you how much I ADORE this story, let me tell you a quick one of my own:
So 2 weeks ago, my cousin sends me a text message:
‘Sophie what are you doing on Saturday?’
Cousin: ‘Ok, so, I’m getting married this Saturday in Vegas and I wanted to know if you wanted to go’
Me: ‘ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I wouldn’t miss that for ANYTHING’. Can we go play Black Jack @ the Freemont????
Now mind you, her birthday was the next day after that conversation and most likely she and her now husband decided it would be a good birthday present for her to jump on the 15 Freeway and go get married in a quickie Las Vegas style union. They’ve been together now for 14 years so it was just a formal way to seal the deal.
To me, well, besides the fact that I was really happy for them I simply LOVE going to Vegas. Bright lights, bigger city they say. Sure enough, the bright lights were waiting for us, along with a HUGE billboard announcing the upcoming (actually tonight’s) fight against Floyd Mayweather and Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez.
All I could think about was photoshoping Canelo’s head and replacing it for my ideal image of Abel “Aweless’ Ayala.
Talk about OBSESSED!
See, if you have been a true follower of Elizabeth Reyes’s stories, you must remember that since book # 1 (Noah), Abel has been the disciplined athlete, the one who would make 5th Street’s gym a true legend. Well, in the beginning Abel is just starting, though slowly but surely. After many events in the first 3 books, we kind of see Abel in the background at a steady pace and making a name of himself up to the point that he’s completely ready to compete for the Heavyweight Championship in book 4.
He also could not hide his attraction to Nellie Gamboa too much longer either.
Nellie, as you may also remember is Roni’s BFF; and Roni literally would do ANYTHING for her friend. Even support her on all her weird and crazy ideas. Based on ugly facts that happened back in ‘Noah’, she decides to shut up and respect Nellie’s choice of ‘getting her life back on track’. She doesn’t agree yet she doesn’t judge either. True friend Roni, that’s for sure. Nellie then jumps into the strong and perfectly shaped arms of Abel Ayala to tame her innermost desires.
That’s when every single barrier she built around herself goes STRAIGHT. TO. HELL.
And who wouldn’t succumb to such STUD? HELLOOOOOO! The man is a sexual magnet IN EVERY. SENSE. OF. THE. WORD. OH-EM-GEE! Not only is he the HOTTEST boxer ALIVE nowadays, but he is the sweetest most caring and loving and passionate and charming and gentleman guy there is. EVER. Nellie of course has a great ordeal and quick decisions to make if she wants to save her heart from the very one thing she doesn’t believe in any more: falling in love.
Throughout the whole story we see not only a sweet and caring Abel, but we get to know the passionate man capable of fighting (not only with his fists) for what he wants. We also learn firsthand all what Nellie has to go through before realizing she’s utterly and madly in love with Abel. Her struggle to open her heart again is so well portrayed that you can actually feel like you are the best friend listening to her problems.
So since the fight taking place in Vegas will NOT include Abel ‘Aweless’ Ayala (which saddens me beyond words), I’ll have to find comfort in this magnificent and amazingly told love story which includes the scorching part you will indeed crave for, but also a little bit of punching and knock outs.
FACTS ABOUT THE 5th STREET SERIES
By Elizabeth Reyes
- I’ve mentioned this before, but some may not have read about it. The idea of “5th Street” came from my husband’s childhood street name and the street his parents and many of his friends still live on: 5th Street. Very often the street is referred to as a place. “So where you gonna be for the 4th of July?” “We’ll be down at 5th Street as usual.” I really liked how they thought of it as an actual place, not just a street, so I decided since this would be taking place in East L.A. really close to the 5th Street he grew up in, why not? I still get ribbed by some of his friends and brothers saying I owe them royalties for their stories. (Insert eye roll.) LOL. No, none are boxers.
- Most of my stories come to me in bits and pieces, and then the story comes together as I write it. Noah and Gio are probably two of the only stories I’ve written (with the exception of Breaking Brandon, which I’m still in the process of writing) that have come to me in their entirety from beginning to end.
- I’ve never cried as much as I did writing a certain event in Gio. Without giving away any spoilers, I’ll just say it’s the twist no one see’s coming. =/
- As popular as the motorcycle riding bad boy heroes are these day, Noah and Gio are my only two heroes ever to ride motorcyles because I personally think they are so dangerous. Even then, I made sure they wore their helmets. If you recall, Roni didn’t let Noah drive it in the rain, and again in Abel there is mention of her not allowing him to use it until he gives it a major overhaul. LOL. I’m such a mother hen even with my fictional characters. Anyone who has read all or most of my novels knows my characters always wear their seatbelts. They never talk on the phone while driving unless they have a hands free gadget of some kind, and they always wear protection. Unless of course the plot warrants they don’t. 😉
- The plot for Hector came to me one day when my son came home from school one day and announced that he had finally joined the chess club. He is an excellent chess player, and I’d been trying to convince him to join the chess club forever, but he kept saying the chess club was for nerds. He shared lots of stories with me about the characters in the club, and when I teased him about there being any cute girls, he didn’t immediately say no as I expected him to. Instead, he thought about it for a second before responding, “Yeah, but they’re all so shy.” My son is outgoing, spends most his time in the gym, and was a typical jock in high school. He in no way looked like a shy introverted chess player type, so the thought occurred to me what if, and the story was born. =D
- As with my novel Fate, while I feel Felix’s story is part of the 5th Street series it’s also feeling like a stand-alone or at the very least an extension of the series. For starters, I don’t anticipate the title being “Felix.” Also, I have something planned for his story that will set it apart from the others. I’m very excited and nervous about this by the way
- I Googled pictures of De La Hoya’s training complex up in Big Bear to better be able to describe a cabin of that caliber.
- I have a friend who very often cracks herself up most of the time before getting through whatever story she is telling. While she doesn’t do the squeaking thing like Bianca, once she gets going, it’s incredibly contagious, and I always find myself cracking up with her, even if I don’t know what the heck she’s laughing about. This was my inspiration for Bianca’s moments when she’d crack herself up. I even cracked up a few times, picturing my friend as I wrote the scenes.
About the Author
I write because I must. It’s not a choice or a pastime, it’s an unyielding calling and my passion.”
Elizabeth continues to answer to her calling on a daily basis. Since releasing her debut novel Forever Mine (Moreno Brothers #1) in 2010 she has now published 10* novels total and fast at work on the next. The excitement her Moreno Brothers, 5th Street, and Fate series have garnered have far exceeded her wildest dreams. It is with as much excitement that she’ll continue to put out books related to these series as well as introduce brand new ones very soon.
- Keep up with all her upcoming books/events/signings by visiting her website.
- Also come join the fun by visiting and liking her fan page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elizabeth-Reyes/278724885527554
Additional places to find out more about Elizabeth Reye’s books:
- Link to prologue of Abel. Feel free to copy paste scene if you prefer.
- Moreno Brothers Page on my blog with LOTS of excerpts and extras.
- 5th Street page on the author’s blog. Lots of excerpts and teasers of each book in series.
Like we would say in Spanish: ELIZABETH ESTA TIRANDO LA CASA POR LA VENTANA!, which basically means THIS ANNIVERSARY IS GOING.OVER.THE.TOP! Check out all these awesome gifts!
(3) Kindle Paperwhites
(2) Audio book sets of The Moreno Brothers Series + Fate
(2) Audio book sets of 5th Street Series (Abel is not included as it is not on audio yet)
(1) Signed set of The Moreno Brothers including Fate, the first book in the spin-off series, plus swag
(1) Signed set of the 5th Street series plus swag
(9) eBook copies of any Elizabeth Reyes title, winner’s choice