Title: The Good Enough Husband
Author: Sylvie Fox
Genre: Women’s Fiction / Romance 18+
Publication Date: March 3, 2014
Publisher: Penner Media
Cover Designer: Regina Wamba of Mae I Design
Event Organized by: Literati Author Services, Inc.
~ Synopsis ~
What would you do if you met your soul mate, but you were already married?
In The Good Enough Husband, Sylvie Fox delivers a riveting story about a woman who refuses to let her past define her future.
For years, Hannah Morrison Keesling’s marriage to Michael was good enough. Then she wakes up one morning and it isn’t. Taking her puppy Cody along, Hannah drives north to put distance between herself and her past. Planning to go as far as her SUV will take her, she hast to stop on the Lost Coast when her dog gets sick. There she meets small town veterinarian Ben Cooper.
Ben is the man Hannah wishes she had met first. He’s perfect for her, but gun shy because he’s been lied to before and vows not to be betrayed again. Hannah leaves Michael and moves to Ben’s rural town to pursue a future with the man she knows is her soul mate. But Michael won’t let go so easily. Forced to make a decision between the man she chose and the man she loves, Hannah soon realizes that her choices will define everyone else’s consequences.
A Recipe from the book (Aeblekage)
-from The Good Enough Husband
They finished the simple dinner in record time. She’d planned to talk to him after dinner, and that time had come upon her like a speeding freight train. She jumped up from the table like she’d been bitten in the ass.
“I made dessert, too. It’s æblekage—apple crumble would be the best way to describe it.” Hannah practically ran into the kitchen and poured them each a glass of wine, a German dessert white this time, and brought the fruit and cream filled mugs to the couch. As soon as she set it all on the coffee table and put the tray she’d used on the floor, Ben grabbed her hand.
“Stop running, Hannah,” Ben said
Aeblekage – Apple & Cream Trifle
3-4 apples (I used old sour ones)
1/4c sugar or less (I use a tablespoon or so)
4 oz. butter
buttered toasted breadcrumbs (1 C breadcrumbs, 8 oz. butter – toasted)
a handful of roasted, chopped hazelnuts
1c heavy whipping cream
1. Peel and core apples and chop in thin slices.
2. Place apples in a saucepan with a few tablespoons of water, cover, and cook over medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes. Do not boil. When apples are tender, remove from the heat and cool.
3. In another saucepan, combine the sugar and butter and melt over medium-low heat, stirring often. Add breadcrumbs and nuts and stir until the sugar and butter mix completely coats the breadcrumbs and nuts. Cook carefully until the mix is golden brown, stirring every couple of minutes. Watch this part closely because you don’t want your mix to burn. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes to cool.
4. In a small glass desert cup, spoon in half of apple mix. Cover with half of crumb/nut mix. Repeat. For the size of dish that I used I had two layers of apples and two of the breadcrumb/nut mix, but if you use a smaller dish, you will obviously have more layers. The recipe does not make a lot, so steer clear of a large dish.
5. In a mixing bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff. Spread on top of the cake, sprinkle with a little cinnamon, serve, then break the news to Ben.
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iTunes | Kobo | Allromance Ebooks | Smashwords
About the Author
I write the kinds of books I love to read. The quirky characters in my romance novels experience passion, angst, and conflict, but always get their “happily ever after.” I live in Los Angeles with my husband, son, and a handful of rescued pets. When I’m not hanging out in Hollywood, I’m eating my way through Budapest.
- Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Good-Enough-Husband-Sylvie-Fox-ebook/dp/B00IQE0LE2/ref=la_B00AB7AY4E_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1393801919&sr=1-5
- Amazon Paperback: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1940811058/ref=cm_sw_su_dp
- Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-good-enough-husband-sylvie-fox/1118702624?ean=9781940811055