From debut author, Traci Andrighetti, comes a tale of murder, mayhem, and meddling Sicilian grandmas…
Francesca “Franki” Amato is a tough-talking rookie cop in Austin, Texas—until an unfortunate 911 call involving her boyfriend, Vince, and a German female wrestler convinces her once and for all that she just isn’t cut out for a life on the police force. So Franki makes the snap decision to move to New Orleans to work at her friend Veronica’s detective agency, Private Chicks, Inc. But Franki’s hopes for a more stable life are soon dashed when Private Chicks is hired by the prime suspect in a murder case to find out what really happened to a beautiful young boutique manager who was found strangled to death with a cheap yellow scarf. When she’s not investigating, Franki is hoping to seduce handsome bank executive Bradley Hartmann, but most of her time is spent dodging date offers from a string of “good Italian boys”—make that not-so-good aging Italian men—that her meddlesome Sicilian grandma has recruited as marriage candidates. As Mardi Gras approaches and the mystery of the murdered shop girl gets more complicated, Franki must decipher the odd ramblings of a Voodoo priestess to solve both the murder and the mystery of her own love life.
Franki Amato’s Top 10 Favorite Things
When I was writing my debut novel, Limoncello Yellow, I realized that there was no way I could include everything I wanted to tell readers about my tough-talking private investigator, Francesca “Franki” Amato. So, I’ve created a Top 10 list (in no particular order) of some of Franki’s favorite things. Many are in my book, but a few are extras just for you. Can you pick them out?
1. Napoleon. Franki adores her brindle Cairn terrier, who suffers from a touch of “short man syndrome,” just like his namesake. He’s spunky and prone to mood swings, just like his master (but she’s tall—5’ 10”).
2. Her purple handgun. As an ex-cop and a Texan, it’s a no-brainer that Franki would own a gun. But if a gal’s got to carry a pistol, why not have it in your favorite color, right?
3. Italian liqueurs and sparkling wines. Of course, Franki likes Limoncello, but she also really loves a wild strawberry liqueur called “Fragolino (little strawberry).” And she never met a Prosecco she didn’t like.
4. Snuggly blankets. It doesn’t matter what they’re made of as long as they’re soft. The one she likes the best? Her fuzzy purple leopard print throw.
5. Leather handbags, particularly of the Italian variety. Gucci bags are her favorite, unless they have those horrible horse bridles or tassels. But there is a Dolce & Gabbana lemon print shopper from last season and a fierce black Versace clutch with a silver Medusa head that she would kill to get her hands on. Well, almost.
6. Nutella, Nutella and more Nutella. ‘Nuff said.
7. Convertibles. She has a 1965 cherry-red Mustang, and she loves to drive around with the top down. What she doesn’t love? The way it tangles her long, brown hair.
8. Old movies. Like, 1960s old. You know, clambakes with Elvis and surf parties with Gidget. Oh, and anything Disney.
9. Gucci watches. Franki covets the sparkly silver ones, particularly if they have a big G-shaped face and a chunky band. But thanks to that near negative balance in her bank account, she’s forced to tell time on her phone. Sigh.
10. Handsome bank executive Bradley Hartmann. Franki’s just crazy about this guy. Why? Handsome. Bank. Executive. Any more questions?
Traci Andrighetti is the author of the Franki Amato Mystery series. In her previous life, she was an award-winning literary translator and a Lecturer of Italian at the University of Texas at Austin, where she earned a PhD in Applied Linguistics. But then she got wise and ditched that academic stuff for a life of crime—writing, that is.
If she’s not hard at work on her next novel, Traci is probably watching her favorite Italian soap opera, eating Tex Mex or sampling fruity cocktails, and maybe all at the same time. She lives in Austin with her husband, young son (who desperately wants to be in one of her books) and three treat-addicted dogs.
Limoncello Yellow Purchase Links