Something is wrong with Cooper. He’s plagued by a fear he doesn’t understand and can’t control. Cooper just wants to escape, and a summer vacation aboard the restored cabin cruiser, The Getaway, with best friends Gordy, Hiro, and Lunk seems like the perfect way to do it. Two weeks of fun—with no mysteries or life-and-death danger. That’s the plan. But their plans are shattered the very first night when they witness a murder. Or did they? Despite their intentions of leaving the investigation to the police, narrow misses and creepy encounters lure them in. Is there really a body floating in the underwater currents of the lake? The closer they get to the truth, the deeper into danger they get. Too late they see the trap. Now each of them must face their own buried fears . . . just below the surface.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Quick Bio
- Happily married for more than thirty years to Cheryl, the love of my life.
- Dad to three grown sons and two daughter-in-laws
- Elder Chairman in my church and high school small group leader
- Full time speaker and author since 2004
- Living in the greater Chicago area
- Grateful for God’s incredible grace and mercy to me in countless ways
- To be a man of integrity, who loves God and others with all my heart.
- To be an extraordinary husband to Cheryl, the wife of my youth.
- To love my sons, daughters-in-law, grandkids and extended family with everything in me.
- To impact kids and youth in ways that cause them to become true men and women of God.
- To help parents teach their kids about God and the principles He’s given us to live by.
- To help couples experience the richness that comes from a marriage guided by God.
- To help men see what a Christian man should be in all the various facets of life.
Summer is just around the corner, and Tim stopped by the neighborhood to talk about his *Favorite Vacation Spot!*.
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, is a real favorite. I can go there for a day—or a week—and it always makes a good getaway. Like to swim? This is a spring-fed lake. Super clear. Clean. Like to boat? The shoreline never ceases to interest as you cruise the lake. I’m not a fisherman, but plenty of people love fishing Lake Geneva.
The town of Lake Geneva offers a nice variety of specialty shops. And great places to eat or snack. Perfect in the daytime, and even nicer at night. The town is big enough to be interesting, but small enough to cover on foot.
On a windy day the waves get whipped up to a nice frenzy. And in a storm, the lake is as turbulent as the clouds overhead. The lake seems alive, and it’s moods shift throughout the day. I spent a lot of time sitting along the waterfront while writing these last few summers. It’s terrific!
I chose Lake Geneva as the setting for Below the Surface, the book featured in this tour. The town has a lot of interesting history—but more importantly for the story—it has a lot of interesting places. Some that the typical tourist would never notice. Like the tunnel that funnels all the overflow from the lake into the White River. The tunnel is creepy. Dark. And perfect for the story. There’s other places like that in town, too.
Sometime in August a little carnival comes to town during Lake Geneva’s Venetian Festival. The carnival squeezes it into Flatiron Park, and every other little spot they can. The best time to take in the carnival is at night. I like walking through the carnival, looking at the people. I love standing on the public pier, looking at the bright lights from the rides reflected on the water. The smell of roasted sweet corn fills the air, and people are in a festive mood.
There’s plenty to do at Lake Geneva. Then again you don’t have to do anything. You can just bring a bag chair and sit in one of the parks along the water with a good book. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
3 Winners will receive a Copy of Below the Surface by Tim Shoemaker.
1 Winner will receive a Complete Set of The Code of Silence Series by Tim Shoemaker.
Must be 13+ to Enter
*Neither Book Nerd Tours or Book Suburbia are responsible for Lost or Damaged Books in your Mail Box*